Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Super 6th Birthday!

Jonah turned 6 yesterday!
Happy Birthday to my superhero!
We celebrated with friends and family last night and had a SUPER good time!!
Jonah loves all things superheroes hence the theme of the party. It was fun planning it!
Here's a look at the invitation we sent to friends and family:

And here's some pictures from the party:

My SUPER birthday boy!
We surprised him at breakfast yesterday with this Captain America suit for his birthday! He loved it. I might be a little partial, but I think he makes a perfect Capt. America. Jan thought the little boy modeling the suit on the front of the package looked just like Jonah! hehe

Watch out world! The Justice League superheroes are here!
Of course, I used this opportunity to go ahead and get our 2011 Halloween costumes lined out.
Be on the lookout for these superheroes to reappear around Oct. 31st! Gotta get my money's worth out of these, right?

The cake!
 I was so pleased with how it turned out. And it tasted good, too. Those of you who know me best know that I did not make this. (And I know the thought didn't even enter you mind that I MIGHT have made this). Sweet Scentsations in Munford (901.837.4306) did it. I sent them a picture, and they created this masterpiece at a very reasonable price.

Super Jonah cookies!

The cake/cookies table

The food table with chips and DIP!, "hero" sub sandwiches, fruit, and every superhero's favorite candy...LIFESAVERS!

I don't know if this picture turned out too dark, but I caught Jonah swooping his little sister up and giving her a BIG hug during his party. This is just a small example of how he is with her most of the time. If you read my previous post, this is exactly what I was talking about.

4 generations of girls
I wa so glad that my grandmother, Mrs. Mary Virginia Davie Caudle, was able to come to Jonah's party! She will be 91 in October, and she is extremely special to me. So are the other two girls...Virginia Marla Caudle Phillips (my mother) and Mary Claire Hensley! I am so blessed to have these girls in my life.

Supergirl flies down the slide!

Surrounded by friends for singing "Happy Birthday!"

The superhero blows out his birthday candle!

The SUPER crew!
A great group!
 Thank you to everyone who came and made Jonah's birthday special!
Jonah and Mommy

Forget what the comic book says...
In this story, these two heroes fell madly in love!
(I never said I wasn't CHEESY! Right, Jan?)

I included this picture of my friend, Christi with me to say THANK YOU to Christi for helping me out so much in getting ready for the party. I was running so late getting started Friday afternoon, and she came through BIG TIME in helping me! I couldn't have done it before "go time" if she hadn't helped me. She is a super momma and super friend! Always thoughtful even to those who are not thoughtful to her. Super giving, super sweet, super cook, super creative! Thanks, Christi! Love you!

One last thing...
Jonah, I love you with all my heart! You are a SUPER special little boy with super special qualities. You are kind, tender-hearted, funny, loving, and you show a special interest in family and knowing all the family connections we have. You love your big brother and little sister so much and you are not afraid to show them! You like adding numbers which just confirms my suspicion that you are "wired" a lot like Daddy. You
like to spend time with friends and you love anything VANILLA! (I think it's so funny that you specifically request vanilla frosties at Wendy's when everyone else asks for chocolate.) I love the super cute things you say and your super cute little bottom in your Speedo swim team suit. (Yeah, one day that will embarrass you! Sorry!) You amaze me with the things you remember that people tell you about the Bible and Jesus and you ask questions about things I don't even think about sometimes. I like that we both LOVE peanut butter so much that we will eat it right out of the jar with a spoon! Forget the jelly...
You love to use the ipad to record moments with our family and I love that you love your family so much!
Never lose sight of what's really important. 
Happy birthday, my sweet Jonah!
Love,
Mommy 

3 comments:

Christi said...

Awwww, you are too kind! You know I'd help you any time with anything (but, party-prep is one of my favorite things to do, anyway!)

Elizabeth said...

What a fun party! I love all the costumes and treats but especially love the cake! It is super cute! I am sure your super heros just loved it! Happy Birthday!

Ivy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.