Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank You, Old Man Winter!


"Timer's set...everybody SMILE!"
Hensley Family
January 2009

"Momma...I'm gonna get you!"

Careful contemplation of the exact target for this snowball!


I can't tell you how excited we were when we woke up to the snow outside last Wednesday morning! And recovering from strep or not, we were going outside in it! I was afraid it wouldn't last long like last week's snow, but I was wrong. It was a great snow day! Just a little snow around these parts can be a BIG deal to people like us living in West Tennessee who don't get to see snow like people on a more northern latitude are accustomed to!

We were out in it right after breakfast! As I was gathering our snow clothes up and preparing to get everyone dressed to go out, I prayed that they would spend more time playing out in the "white stuff" then I was about to spend getting them ready to go out in it! If you've ever had to get 3 or 4 people bundled up to go out in the snow by yourself, then you can feel my pain! You can imagine how happy I was to see my boys happily throwing snowballs at each other while I snapped pictures. Then they enjoyed some time on the playset, sliding down and landing in the little snow that lay at the bottom. Life was good!

Jonah making a snow angel!

John Owen's snow angel

Of course, it wouldn't be a typical day if one brother didn't do something to the other brother, and life was not so good for Jonah when John Owen smacked him right in the face with snow! hehe

Bombs Away!


In case you are wondering about the blue objects in my boys' hands...those are snowball makers. Jan found and bought this last year, and we finally got to put it to good use! (It does make perfectly round snowballs, but I wouldn't want to use it in any REALLY good snowball fight. It takes too much time to scoop up the right amount and then extract the ball for throwing it.) For beginner snowball makers like us, though, it works just GREAT!



Mary Claire and Daddy playing outside in the snow! She couldn't take her eyes off of the "white stuff"!(And I am not referring to the "white" in his hair...the snow, people!)hehe *Hopefully, he'll laugh when he reads this.*


I have heard that lots of people (mostly north of us) are without power due to the wintry weather, and I pray for their safety and that their power will be restored soon. I remember when an ice storm hit this area in 1994 and being without power for almost a week.Ice isn't as much fun as snow can be! I hear they're calling for something more from "Old Man Winter" this week...maybe we'll get to use those snowball makers again!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Preston and I are looking at this together and he is humming to "Tomorrow!" Wish you could hear him. Great pics!

Emily said...

I bet you guys had a lot of fun. Ema won't go out when it is cold, She is a warm weather child! Love the family photo!