Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Old Friend

I greeted an old friend the other day as we brought the exersaucer out of storage for Mary Claire. And seeing it was like seeing a familiar face I hadn't seen in awhile. "Hello, Exersaucer!" "Long time, no see!" "How are you?" "You look good!" "Is there anything I can do for you?" (Alright, I haven't lost my mind and started to talk to things around my house...just bear with me as my imagination runs wild! Haven't you ever wondered what something like an exersaucer would say to you if given personification?) Well, maybe not, but anyway...
In honor of my old friend, the exersaucer, I spent a long time IN THE COLD washing her off, soaping her down, and disinfecting her. I washed and dried her with extreme care! After all, it's the least I could do given that she has done so much for me in providing joyous entertainment for my boys. I am so glad she has safely returned to see MC and spend some quality time with her. When I think about it, she's like me in many ways. She's held my children, entertained my children, and taught a little independency to my children.
Like a good friend, she's helped out when I needed to accomplish other tasks, and I am indeed forever grateful for my friend, the amazing exersaucer. Sadly, I am aware that we'll have to part ways one day, but she should be happy to know that she'll forever be remembered in family photos and videos. So for now, we'll enjoy our friendship and good times together. And together we'll greet other old friends as they, too, come back from their storing places.
Now...if she could just help me talk the high chair into feeding Mary Claire. A stubborn one, he is!
Word to the Wise: This is what happens to you when you have 3 children in 5 years! You become "best friends" with every baby apparatus in your possession.
See why I call her "amazing"? She can entertain three at a time! Pretty amazing to me! :-)

3 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, I find it so funny that automatically the one that helps is a "she" and the one that is stubborn is a "he." Ha, ha! That's so accurate!

~~Kerri~~ said...

I just was going to make a comment like Christi! Too Funny!!!!

Pat said...

Girl friend, you really need to get out more! How about some girl talk with a grown up neighbor?
Give me a call sometime! :)