Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer...Not Yet a Distant Memory

What a summer! A blessed summer for which I am thankful...
Thankful for moments such as these:
Mary Claire participated in her 1st triathlon this summer! She got 3rd place in her age group!
Look! We have another swimmer in the family!:)
Mary Claire did great for ther 1st swim team season.
Cutest swimmer in (and out) of the water!
In July we took a little trip to the Biltmore in North Carolina. Beautiful and amazing are the two words that come to mind when I think of this historical mansion and property. Will never know what it's like to live that lifestyle, but that's o.k. God has blessed me with the life I live, and for that, I am THANKFUL!!
Just a candid shot of these people I love taking trips with...:)
See, I was there!!
Thank you, Jonah for taking the picture. Mary Claire, see what you look like when you act that way?:)
The only child that would pose by the statue entering the grand mansion!
Finally, everyone is smiling! Love these kiddos with all my heart!
Honestly, I don't know where he gets it...haha
John Owen learning to enjoy games from another era. What?! No video games were around?
After the Biltmore, we met up with my mom at Dollywood and had a blast riding roller coasters!
My kids love some rides!
However, in my "old" age, I have developed a dislike for the rockin' and rollin' roller coasters in such a way that I scream so loudly and make the worst faces (with pictures to prove it) on these rides. But I endure the fear for time well spent with my children and memories they will forever treasure (ha!) of their dear mother screaming her head off. :) Why must they find so much amusement in torturing me?
To be continued...

No comments: