Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tales from Summer 2014

Jonah went to his first football camp this summer. I was so proud of him! He loved it! Future football player??

Not the best quality picture, but we are still trying to keep up with running. It's hard with busy schedules, but somehow, we are managing to train for another marathon. Last fall, the marathon we had been training for was cancelled due to ice. I got very sick with a staph infection in my nose and ended up having nasal surgery in January. It was a little bit of a setback especially when after recovering form the surgery, I sprained my ankle while running a trail race. I was in a boot for a few weeks. I am slowly, but surely getting back in to a routine. St. Jude marathon is Dec 6th!! Jan and I would like to run it together. :)

Yes, that's me. Yes, I am riding a roller coaster called the Tennessee Twister. Yes, I was probably the only person screaming loudly. The picture says it all. Need I say more?

Two handsome fellas waiting in line to ride the rides at Dollywood.

One tired little girl after a week at VBS in June. Fell asleep at the dinner table in her chair...

Here they go! These boys live for thrill rides!

Acting the part...:)

John Owen and his relay team paused for a picture after they had just won their event. Great swimmers!

My three triathlon competitors! Great job, guys!

Mimi and Mary Claire enjoyed some fireworks and snuggles after the Stars and Stripes 5k.

This just SCREAMS personality, right? Well, this girl's got plenty of it. :)

Mary Claire and me at the 4th of July celebration at church. It was a little smoky, but the fireworks were AWESOME!

No comments: