Friday, September 26, 2014

My Explorers

Sept. 20th was an adventurous day, for sure. I decided at the last minute that I would do a race at 8:00 a.m. A duathlon- The Barnstormer (run 2 miles, bike 13 miles, run 2 more miles). I figured I could fit it in before the kids' soccer games, so I aired up my bike tires, grabbed my hat and shoes, and took off early.

It was a beautiful morning. Not a cloud in the sky! A bit warm, but not too bad. I got there, registered, set up my bike, and then made my way to the nearest restroom.  I don't know what it is about going to the bathroom before the race. Sometimes, I think it's more of a mental thing.:)

I'll spare you the other details except to say that I finished. My time wasn't too bad despite the fact that I hadn't done much riding lately. There were about 2x the # of people in this Year's Barnstormer Duathlon than last year. Glad to see a local race growing in number!

After the race, I went straight to the soccer field. All 3 of my kiddos were playing at the same time, so I "split my eyes" to watch both games and take pictures and video of their FUN!

After soccer, we all raced home to take showers and then left for Union City. It was Lewis and Clark Day at the Discovery Park and my boys REALLY wanted to go and earn their 1st Boy/Cub Scout patches. In good momma fashion, I sucked up the fact that I really wanted to work on the house and rest form the race, and I drove the kids to Lewis and Clark day. 
Have I told you how much I love my kids?
We had such a great time learning about Lewis and Clark! The boys earned a Lewis and Clark patch for the work that they did discovering facts about these two explorers. We visited the rest of the park that we didn't get to see when were there in July.
Jonah

That's John Owen!

John Owen had the BEST aim at shooting BBs at cans!
Jonah takes aim and shoots!
Of course, little sister cannot be left out of the fun.:)



Is this about Lewis and Clark or pirates? :) Mary Claire thinks PIRATES, I guess...

Grizzly bear paw mold



Hope this isn't how he looks sitting in his REAL classroom!
What an adventurous day for us all!

No comments: