Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We Love Colorado!

I think it's safe to say that my children fell in love with the state of Colorado while we were skiing in Winter Park last week! It's been almost 12 years since I've been snow skiing in the Rocky Mountains, but surprisingly, it was like riding a bicycle. I loved it as much as the kids did. The first day we were there, all 3 kids took their first ski lesson. I must say it was an awkward feeling being on vacation and turning my children over to "people" on the mountain for the day. Jan and I got our skiis on and headed up the mountain ALONE!! I kept skiing down, frantically searching with my eyes to spot them and purposely skiied by their class area multiple times to make sure they were doing o.k.
They did GREAT!
Winter Park was very family-oriented and the instructors were awesome!
John Owen is already asking when we're going back!:)
I took lots of pictures with my phone, so maybe the quality isn't the best, but we had the BEST time!
 

Jonah, me, Mary Claire and John Owen

The boys and me at the top! Most incredible view!

Mary Claire loved this polar bear we passed everyday as we entered the Winter Park village.

This picture was taken at the top of the Pioneer Express lift. It was such an awesome sight! There was only ONE green run from this point, so I told the boys to be sure and follow me. The other runs were BLACKS (very difficult terrain!)


They loved the Mary Jane area at the top!

Jan and his boys

John Owen playing on the train in the village

This is what skiing all day does to Mary Claire...She was WORN OUT!!

Jonah with a chair lift and the mountain in the background

Riding the cabriolet!

To be continued...

No comments: