Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break 2012 Part 3

So, Thursday of Spring Break was spent at the dentist office for the kids and me. Dental cleanings, xrays, check ups for us all. We were there for over an hour! I know what you're thinking...not the way I WANT to spend spring break, but hey, it helps to get these appointments done on my days off so I don't have to miss work. The children were all very well behaved. The dental hygenist even complimented them on their behavior. Made this Momma proud. And it looks as though the "little" dental work Mary Claire needs will be put off until October. (She has a crossbite, and Dr. Conley says she needs a little more growth before he can do the procedure needed to correct this.)

After the dentist, we made a quick trip to Memphis with Mimi. I mentioned I had cleaned out the kids' closets, so I had identified what was needed and found it very quickly. The kids enjoyed a cupcake from GiGi's Cupcakes on Germantown Pkwy. FYI: Oh my goodness! The strawberry shortcake cupcake is fantastic!! If you like strawberry, and I DO!, you will LOVE the strawberry shortcake cupcake.

After returning home, and after a late nap for Mary Claire:), we "let the flour fly" as we made these...





I let them take complete control of the decorating, and they did a great job! Surprisingly, they accomplished this with minimal arguing. Praise the Lord! I am beginning to think a couple of these kids might have some debating skills to show off one day. Could be a lawyer in the group...

We shared our cookies with our neighbors amd friends at our neighborhood cookout Thursday night. And guess who made a special appearance at the cookout?
Mary Claire wasn't too sure about the Easter Bunny!

Jonah seems to have no problem posing for his picture with the big bunny!


Neither does John Owen!

This was as close as Mary Claire was going to get. :)

Friday, we rested at home and fulfilled Mary Claire's spring break wish...flowers!
Now, you might remember that she SAID she wanted pink flowers, but when we got there to pick out the flowers, she changed her mind and went with purple and yellow. Suited me, I like them all!
So, we got our hands all dirty planting these...
 And these...
 We didn't plant these Friday, but I just wanted to take a picture of the Indian Hawthornes blooming with the Japanese Red Maple that Jan's mother gave us when we moved into this house. Don't you love this time of year when everything is blooming beautifully?!
 We planted these in the planter in the front of the house.
 I made these a few weeks ago for the front doors, and now some small birds have built their nest in the one on the right. We can watch the progress of it all through the window!
 My three little "bunnies" have enjoyed spring break, and so have I!
Tomorrow, it's back to work, back to school, back to the daily "grind".
However, I am looking forward to Easter weekend and celebrating Our Risen Savior.
Happy Easter!



No comments: