Thursday, August 11, 2011

Meant to Be a Monkey

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jonah started Kindergarten this week. He is excited about his new adventure and his new teacher, Mrs. Mandy. Jonah came home from his first day of Kindergarten with his new M.O.N.K.E.Y. (My Organizational Notebook Keeping Everyone informed for the Year) binder, and I couldn't help but smile as I saw it. The first thought that came to mind was...He was meant to be a monkey and meant to be in Mrs. Mandy's class. You see, he has loved monkeys for a long time. He even sleeps with his special "blue monkey" every night. When he was 3 and 4 years old, he spent A LOT of time dressed up in the monkey costume his older brother wore for Halloween one year. (He put that costume on the other day, and it was TOO FUNNY how it fit him. He has grown so much that the legs of that thing came up to his knees, not to mention the tail is coming apart at the seams. But he insisted on wearing it.)
My little "monkey" is off to school!
A quick picture with Mommy!

His name on his box!

Finding his name on the table!

Daddy even came to walk him down to class!
I love you, Jonah! I hope you have a wonderful Kindergarten year. I am so glad God gave you to me, and I am proud of you and the sweet, fun-loving boy you are becoming. God's got big plans for you... You are God's child, and He loves you infinitely.
"I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
Love, Mommy

No comments: