Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear John Owen,




Yesterday I looked on as you graduated from Kindergarten. And I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by! It seems like just yesterday that we walked you down the hallway to Ms. Nicole's classroom and stood beside you as you began Kindergarten.

Your 1st Day of Kindergarten
August 2009

Do you know I still remember when Mimi and Daddy Nick took me to school on my first day of Kindergarten? (You see, Mimi was really good about documenting our life's events on video, so I got to watch my first day of Kindergarten over and over again.) :-) I hope that you will one day look back at this documentation (and the video) and feel how proud we are of you. I hope that your Kindergarten year has been a great year. You have done so good! I have enjoyed getting to watch all of your programs and attending the special events, especially the Mother's Day Tea you invited me to. Most of all, though, I have enjoyed the time we have spent together riding to and from school...just you and me. I know that I don't always get to be with just you because my time is divided among you and your brother and sister, but please never forget that you were my first baby. You'll always hold a special place in my heart. 


You are growing up so fast! God has blessed you with many talents and my prayer is that as you grow, you'll learn to use those talents in a way that will glorify Him. Your talent for reading amazes me! (I think Ms. Nicole was pretty amazed, too!) And I can tell how much your classmates like you every time I see you with them. (We think you are pretty cool, too!) Thank you for being a good big brother with such a sensitive heart. Thank you for loving me and for being my son. I know your Daddy feels the same way...he would say so if he were writing this letter. And so, just like the song we've been singing together lately states...
My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to!
Congratulations, John Owen! First grade, here we come!

I love you-
Mommy

Here's some more pictures to remember from Graduation Day!

Good friends in school with you this year in Kindergarten!


John Owen & Ms. Nicole Walker


Funny story about these 4...2 sets of siblings in the same classes this year! Chandler & John Owen in Kindergarten at ATES, Jonah & Lilly in Pre-K at TCPS. (We didn't know this until I met their mother a month or so ago and discovered who "Lilly" was that Jonah came home talking about!) Isn't she a cutie?

 
Jonah, John Owen & Joseph


Taking pictures with good friends, Hunter & Joseph

No comments: