Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Mom's Love

I sit here tonight with all of my babies in the bed, and I cannot help but think of one person as I review this week and all of its events with school starting. My mom. I have realized in recent years how much love actually went into the everyday actions of my mother. All the little things she did to show her love for me. And I didn't always make it easy for her! I spent a few years as a pre-adolescent and teenager somewhat rebellious to my mom's wishes and expectations for me. (Some of my good friends claim it was because I was fighting the genetic likeness that I possess to my mother.) I cannot go back and change the past, but I can make sure that everyday from now on she knows how much she means to me. When everything else in my life seems to have fallen down around me, she is there. During the moments of joy and laughter, she is there. I am so glad to have had the mother I have. I only hope that I can be half the mother she has been. Thank you, Momma, for loving me.

No comments: