Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Wonderful Birthday

Celebrating another birthday was wonderful this year! I was blessed to have so many thoughtful Facebook messages/texts from friends and family, cards from friends and co-workers, and 3 birthday dinners! I received several wonderful gifts, too! Oh, and two of my favorite CAKES, strawberry and carrot cake! (Wow! I've got some major cake calories to burn!)


I am so humbled and appreciative of it all! Turning 29 --alright, alright...36, isn't so bad! :)

I've said before, and I'll say it again, I have been blessed by the Lord in these 36 years He has allowed me to live. Blessed far beyond what I deserve.

I've set some goals for myself this year:
1. Finish training and running the St. Jude Marathon again this year BUT with a faster marathon time than last year. :)
2. Eat healthier. (I pretty much already do this, but a couple of months ago, I started trying to follow a more paleo way of eating.) Now, if I can just get my kids on board with it.
3. Trim our family's' extra curricular activities down so that we aren't "pulled in 10 different directions" too much. I think we were a little worn out after last fall with dance, music lessons, soccer, school activities, races, family obligations...Well, you understand, I'm sure. I've chosen to NOT participate in as many races in an effort to minimize the number of things on our calendar. The boys have taken a break from music lessons and we opted not to do fall swimming with the Millington swim team.
4. SURVIVE DISNEY!!:) I have been planning this for a few months now, and it's almost here!!! We are so excited!
5. I'm teaching the 3rd and 4th grade Sunday school class at church now, so please pray for me.

I had a GREAT birthday! And I'm looking forward to the next one!:)

No comments: