Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday, Jonah!

Jonah turned 8, and we celebrated with a really neat party at the Memphis Botanic Garden. The My Big Backyard section is GREAT! There was a pirate theme for the party, so Jonah and his guests made pirate hats, decorated their own treasure box, and then went out into the garden to search for treasure. I was a little worried about an outdoor party in the middle of July, but it was perfect! There was plenty of shade and there was a nice breeze blowing through the garden. We had GiGi's cupcakes! (FYI...the banana creme pie cupcake was awesome beyond words!)

Hapy birthday to my awesome 8 year old, Jonah! You are so special to me and I love you more than you'll ever know. Thank you for being the unique person that you are with a tender heart and love for collecting things. I pray that this year brings wonderful things your way. 
Happy birthday!
Love, Momma 
Here's some pictures from the party...




The pirate pinata


Jonah passing out treasure to each of his guests


It only took one swing and the pinata treasure was scattered everywhere!



Mad dash for the candy treasure!

Working together to build a fort!

No comments: