Sunday, April 21, 2013

2013 Go Lucy Go 5k

This was the third year we have held the Go Lucy Go 5k in Covington in honor of our dear friend, Lucy Krull. The best news that I can share is that Lucy is cancer free! God is good!

The race was a HUGE success and I enjoyed working with Laura and Kate in making this an event that the whole community enjoyed. We had close to 600 in the 5k and about 100 kids in the Kids Fun Run. Astounding numbers for a small town race!:)

We raised over $25,000 for LeBonheur Children's Hospital!!
Go Lucy Go!
May we run with endurance the race set before us...

I want to say a special thanks to my family for being patient and cooperative as I worked on this event. It takes a lot of time and commitment and sometimes stresses a full time working mom out, but the end result is such a reward! Thanks to my parents for chipping in and helping to take care of the kids when I needed you. Especially, thank you to Jan for making sacrifices to allow me to go to meetings and be in the places I needed to be to make this happen. I love you all!

Little race tidbit:
Jonah ran in the 5k and won 3rd place in the 9 and under age group! Way to go, Jonah!

No comments: