Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas at Our House

Here's a glimpse into our house this Christmas...
The entry way with our nutcracker collection displayed on the table and our stockings hung on the banister.
The dining room Christmas tree. I just got this tree for downstairs since our tree we've had for almost 6 years has not made it's way downstairs for 3 or 4 years now. (It's just too big! I call it our "Griswald" tree, and it goes straight to the playroom. I'm a strong girl, but the ordeal of bringing that tree downstairs is TOO much!) Despite my husband's objection to another tree, I found a great Black Friday deal this year on the tree below and...voila! With the click of a button, it changes from white lights to colored lights. Personally, I like white lights, but my kids love the colored ones. It's a win-win situation! Hoo-rah!

A little touch added to the room where I spend most of my time.:)
The kitchen!

The fixture over the kitchen table

The playroom and the "Griswald" tree before I put all the ornaments on the tree. In the window in the background of the picture, you can see 3 stockings hung in the window. I love these metal stockings! My mom found them about 4 years ago, and I hang them with a small nail and ribbon. I love the fact that you can see them from the outside of the house. Like a sign saying, "Children live here!":) My very talented friend Christi, painted a canvas for me which says, "The stockings were hung..." which I hang above the window. Every year, there is at least one treat in the metal stockings for each child 'cause Santa won't leave any stocking empty, right?:) 
Two of my "elves" giving their favorite gingerbread boy and girl pillows a squeeze!

My Santa-in-the-box that my Mom gave me last year.

I love to use red berries and greenery every where I can.
Below is a cute Christmas frame with a picture of my kiddos beneath the red berries on the bar in front of the sink.

Mary Claire's tree and her pink Santa (from my Mom). I had to put the Santa on the dresser this year since we now have a puppy who just can't resist the temptation to chew! Praise the Lord, he mas managed to stay away from the pink tulle around the bottom of the tree.

Jonah's tree decorated with toy soldier ribbon and many of his handmade ornaments from the past few years.

John Owen's tree decorated with LOTS of lights (Boy, that thing puts off some heat!) and an antique set of ornaments. Some are broken, but they are still some of my favorite ornaments.

A small tree in the bathroom upstairs

I will have to add pictures of the front doors later. The decorations on the doors are some of my favorites!
Merry Christmas!


No comments: