Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Busy Start

Summer 2010 has proven to be quite a busy time for our family so far. We started the first week of June off with finishing up two baseball seasons and both boys attending baseball camp. This was Jonah's first year to go to baseball camp with his big brother, and I loved watching them run out there together. It's fun being the mom of 2 sweet boys! We squeezed in as much swimming time at Mimi's pool in between games and camp times. And since we love swimming so much, I asked John Owen if he was interested in trying out for the local swim team. He said, "Yes!" So, during the first week of June, he tried out for the team and made it! He swam in his first meet this past Tuesday night and did a great job!

Sportin' the SPEEDO Jammers!
(Hey, at least it's not those "other" things!:-) )


Checkin' out his card and wating patiently for his race # to be called



Getting ready to take the stand for the start of the race


Jonah, undoubtedly not wanting to be outdone by his big brother, asked if he was going to be on the swim team ON THE DAY we went for John Owen's tryout. I told him he could ask the coach when we got there.  (I was using the "Not my decision, but someone else's..." tactic, thinking that the coach would kindly explain that 4 years old (almost 5) was kinda young to be on the swim team. But to my surprise, the coach said she'd take a look at both of them in the water. After quite a while watching them swim, she turned to me and said, "Yes, for both of them!" Jonah was so happy, and I was happy for him. He didn't get to race in the first meet, but he's getting close to it! (Secretly, I am glad he didn't compete. I was very nervous just watching John Owen.) So, now I have 2 Manta Rays on the 2010 Swim Team! Way to go boys!

On the homefront, I have been cleaning out like a mad person. I did not waste one day after school dismissed for summer, and I started with the playroom. I am happy with the slightly new arrangement of furniture, but especially happy to have toy bins cleaned out and re-labeled. Next, I moved onto closets with my closet being the biggest task. Then I cleaned out the garage! (And did it right before one of those isolated summer storms hit...You should have seen me racing to get everything organized back in the garage before the rain fell!) :-)
And in the midst of all of this, I was reviewing the music & choreography for the VBS music I was scheduled to teach this past week! (Which we just completed yesterday and had a fun week!)
So, as you can see, it's been pretty busy around here as we have begun Summer 2010...Makes me wonder if there's any validity in the old saying, "Lazy Days of Summer".
Hope some of you get to enjoy some "lazy" time this summer. Maybe you can enjoy some for me!! :-)

2 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, seriously, I think I'm tired just thinking of all you've done! :) But, on the other hand, it makes me wanna get up there and tackle that playroom of ours!

Emily said...

Don't you love just getting a garbage bag and cleaning! I hate when I get in to one of those moods and just when I get going good I all of a sudden get sick of it and then have to continue on!