Monday, November 19, 2012

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

The words to one of my favorite songs resounds through my head as I approach this Thanksgiving holiday. Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son.
And immediately, my heart begins pouring out the many things for which I am thankful:

1. Thankful for the 3 little voices playing in the room next to where I sit and type this.
2. I am forever thankful for my hard-working and honest husband who loves me despite my faults.
3. Thankful for loving parents who gave (and still give) so much love to me and now give their love to my husband and our children.
4. Thankful for the time I have to be home with my children this week and for the beautiful day we spent running errands and playing at the park.
5. Thankful for my health so that I can run and work and spend time with friends and family.
6. Thankful for food, a warm house, a reliable car, and a great job.
7. I am thankful for friends I can laugh with, talk to about anything, run with...Friends I can rely on and trust and know that no matter how much time passes, we can pick up right where we left off.
8. Thankful that God allowed me another day...TODAY.

And if He chooses to give me TOMORROW, I will give thanks for all He has given to a very undeserving sinner such as I.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Nicole

No comments: